Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Re evaluating my choice for a research topic

Reasons why I am choosing to changing my topic. 

First when I originally did the assignment I choose a topic last minute and did not really think about it to much. Now as we progress further int the assignment I have realized that the topic I choose really isn't something I can work with. So as a result I have to back track and think of what other topic can I work with.

I narrowed it down to three major topics and issues that are more workable:

  1. The health reform 
  2. Mental Health 
  3. environmental factors
choice one 1. The Health Reform
  • The possible opposition and the repercussions of a repeal of the current healthcare reform 
  • There seems to be no emphasis on prevention and a higher emphasis on treatment when it comes to chronic illnesses, how has the health reform impacted this. 

Choice 2. Mental Health
  • There is still a negative stigma when it comes to mental illnesses. 
  • since the health reform has made it so insurance companies cant deny you coverage to pre-existing conditions affect treatment to mental health conditions. 
 Choice 3. Environmental health. 
  • the safety of water. whether or not it is safe to consume or use.
  • The community how does it  affect individuals health when it comes to the community they are in. 
  • Radon testing in homes <---(as an example) and how that benefits the community. so how do these sort of resources benefit individual communities. 



Possible questions/topics
How has technology impacted the prevalence and prevention of chronic diseases like Hypertension and diabetes 

how does the current immigration reform affect people like muslims and mexicans and their overall mental health. 

How do work conditions effect workers when it comes to mental illness associated with depression

What was highlighted were the two that would seem to work

No comments:

Post a Comment